Search This Blog

Friday 4 May 2012

LMGP Friday 27th April

I couldnt resist a stop over on the way to work to Little Marlow Gravel pits.
The weather was touch and go but I had about 30 mins of pretty nice birding.
From the car park I saw a nice male BLACKCAP 
On the reserve I was told about a COMMON SANDPIPER that was sneaking along the edge of a far back. A couple of record shots on the camcorder - as this was all I had with me. 
A couple of COMMON TERNS were having a nice bit of courtship on one of the spits.
Other sightings include: 
LESSER BLACK BACKED GULL, CORMORANT, LAPWING, MALLARD, WIGEON, COOT, GADWALL, a pair of EGYPTIAN GEESE, GREAT CRESTED GREBE, an unusual looking duck hanging around with a MALLARD - I will put that on random ducks dot com to see what it is - some sort of hybrid i'm sure.
I thought I spotted a kingfisher so decided to investigate around the other part of the nature reserve - close to the gravel pit site. I saw and heard a CHIFF CHAFF, BLUE TIT, BLACKBIRD, WREN, ROBIN WOODPIGEON, CHAFFINCH, MAGPIE, a couple of RINGED NECKED PARAKEETS, and COLLARED DOVE.
It started to rain and was getting a bit late so I thought I best head off to work. 
On the way back I saw a GREY HERON, a DUNNOCK sitting up nicely on a hedge - record shot but a bit blurry. Camcorder is good, but it aint a camera!
Not a bad little bird injection before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment