Search This Blog

Friday 4 May 2012

Balscote

Balscote Friday 27th April

Birdguides informed me that a dotterel was in a place called Balscote in Oxon - so I thought I would go after work. The weather was terrible - really cold and raining.
So I headed off and eventually found the site - right next to the nature reserve. A few birders were there. 
I saw the DOTTEREL - amongst a load of GOLDEN PLOVER in really nice summer plumage. I got a record shot of the dotterel with the camcorder - I didnt have the lumix with me (Doh!) but at least its a better shot than the one I had from Norfolk which is a blurred lump. 
A great little site with lots going on - WHINCHAT by the puddle, a WHIMBREL on the pond with a couple of YELLOWHAMMERS in the hedge. PIED WAGTAIL, CANADA GEESE, LAPWING, a SWALLOW and a couple of NORTHEN WHEATEAR completed the trip. 
Nice to get a better record shot of the dotterel, but still want a better one!

No comments:

Post a Comment