Search This Blog

Thursday 19 April 2012

Not a great day

Well the weather was awful - but I couldn't resist a quick visit to a bird spot on the way home. I saw there has been a a shag and white wag at Staines reservoir - so went on the way home.
The cloud was very dark and rainy.... When I finally found the car park, I noticed I had shut the boot and caught my coat in the closing mechanism... Therefore I had a very wet coat and the water had leaked into the boot and yes, all over my compac camera that I have handy for adhoc twitches.
Went for a quick look and the camera doesn't work.... I think I saw a white wag - very strong white pattern on the back and white rump. Need to check in a bird book and use my memory
Got a year tick of swift anyways... That's 125 for the year.
Tawny owl has had a nice toot out the bedroom window this eve

No comments:

Post a Comment