Search This Blog

Sunday 19 January 2020

Toast to the Tawny at Ivinghoe

Thanks to the friendly Herts Birders , I connected with a well hidden TAWNY OWL this morning in the freezing cold. Thanks to Graham for showing the the exact spot ( I wouldn't have found it without him!) and nice to be able to show Dave H where it was too. We then went onto Pitstone Hill and connected with the RING OUZEL, STONE CHAT and lots of SKYLARK.
Beautiful morning on the hill - great to see some of the local birders after quite an absence on my part...
A few NUTHATCH around but no good pics
Sun shining on the hooter
Tawny Owl dozing in the tree , well hidden

Only my second 'decent' view of a Tawny owl, the first back in 2012:
 http://yakkafoz.blogspot.com/2012/09/lifer-on-my-doorstep-tawny-owl.html

Such a beautiful day the Foster Family went back to Pitstone Hill for a lovely walk and (yes I did see the Ouzel again!) no pics of the birdie but some family fun :)

Harry bouncing around "I'm the King of the Castle!"

Fozzies on the Hill



No comments:

Post a Comment