Search This Blog

Friday 12 June 2015

Hudsonian Lifer #295

On the way to a weekend camping and birding with Rob and Tall Mark, I made an early start and and headed to Pagham arriving at about 8. Had a lucky 30 mins where the bird had been located. Myself and nice chap from Maidenhead called Dave had a good search for the bird. I though I had it in the sight - a quite bright whiteish head, with darkish eye stripe. But we really needed to see the rump to be certain. As luck would have it, I was showing the possible bird to another chap and picked up my camera. Bingo the bird took off and by some complete fluke I got a shot of the read of the bird just landing.
Very fortunate to get a look at a HUDSONIAN WHIMBREL - that should be somewhere US side.
Lifer # 295.
Nice views of a few WHIMBREL too!

Hudsonian Whimbrel - the lack of the white cigar shape on the rump is the giveaway

Then on to Titchfield Haven - well the back end of if for a quick frog march to see the long staying GREATER YELLOWLEGS - the first one I have seen since the round Britain trip with LGRE. Slightly better pic this time!
GYL at Titchfield 

A good start to a weekend birding.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, very nicely done on the rump shot, John ;o)! A fluke? Never…pure skill!

    ReplyDelete