Search This Blog

Sunday 28 December 2014

Last LIFER of the Year #291

A PENDULINE TIT rounded off the year - all be it a fleeting view of this little beauty. The bird had been at seen the day before at Meadow Lane in Beds - we were driving down from Darlington the day before but didnt get to the turning until after dark. Shame as it had been showing very well all day - with perfect light on the bull rushes.
I got up early to get there before light to see if I could get a nice shot before I had to get back for a family meet up with Rob & co.
Very cold morning - beautiful blue sky and crispy air

Chilly but beautiful morning 
After about 10 mins, the signal came up that the bird had arisen from the reeds. I got about a 5 second view through the binos before it rose up out of the lake and headed south to the sewage works.
It was expected that it would come back (it did this the day before) 
After about an hour and a half I had to ditch the vigil as I had to go home. 
Quite pleased to hear it didnt come back - as I would have missed a great picture in that light and on the reeds.
Bunch of twitchers freezing their nuts off - post tit departure!

Here's one some more fortunate person took the day before - not my pic!
Not my pic, but the bird I saw!



No comments:

Post a Comment