Search This Blog

Friday 4 October 2013

A Glossy Lifer in Manc Land

On the way up north for Chris and Ash's wedding - I took a detour west of Manchester (the traffic was awful) to High Rid Reservoir. In a rush as usual , I drove down the side of the ressie on a very bumpy road, looking out for ploughed fields . I saw through the scope 4 GLOSSY IBIS round the other side of the ressie!! I jumped out and ran around to get a record shot rather than a long distance blob. So finally I connect with this bird bringing my toyal life list to #280.
Late for the pre wedding meal, but the traffic was so bad that it was inevitable. 6.5 hours from Bracknell with a pee stop and about a 20 min bird detour.
A good start to a week off - where I hope to get a few lifers as well as some lovely times and chilling with Denz!
4 Glossy Ibis near Bolton

No comments:

Post a Comment