Search This Blog

Friday 10 August 2012

Sacred Dip!

I saw a report come in that a Sacred Ibis had been seen at Clifford Hill GPs in Northants. As I was working from home I thought I would dash off before the evening began.
An hour or so later I arrive - to be told there was a Landrover weekend and what was I doing here trying to get into the site that is private... Great I think....anyway they let me in and I spend about twenty minutes trying to work out where the lakes are!
When I get in there are loads of 4x4 tracks everywhere with red tape ready for the weekend events - tents everywhere!
Not surprisingly no sign of said bird as I reckon people were making a right old noise getting things ready.
Well - a new site anyway!
I entertained a few lads walking around with fully loaded twitching gear on.
I hope it doesn't get reported again there as I walked around the lakes TWICE to check if it was there!!
Dipped!

No comments:

Post a Comment